lundi 29 mai 2017

Need Help with a John Deere GS-25

I just picked up a non-operating John Deere GS-25, which is listed as: 12.5 HP COM MOW. S/N MO4410X010699

It has a 12.5 HP Kawasaki engine: Code FC401V-BS05 ... E/NO FC401VA11310

It also has a SPICER transaxle: MOD 4360 101 ... S/N 007865 ... 04/19/96

It comes with a 36" double (overlapping) blade mower with the blades timed via a toothed timing belt. As it has been sitting outside in Maine weather for a number of years and when I opened up the mower deck cover I found a pail full of chewed up acorns and pinecones.

The deck is now removed (as are the acorns and pinecones) and I am working on the machine itself. The engine is free, but I'm not getting any spark. The key switch was rusted solid, but I finally got it to work with Kroil and WD-40. I 'think' there is a 'kill-switch' next to the key that was also frozen, that I have freed up, but I do not yet know if the electrical contacts in either of these switches are working properly. If not, then obviously that would prevent the ignition from firing. I don't know if there are any additional safety switches involved with the ignition either.

Both brake bands are frozen solid and I cannot turn either wheel, (yet!) but the parking brake is not on. I'm wondering if there is a safety switch that requires the parking brake to be on before the engine will start. All brake linkages and parts as soaking in Kroil, so I expect them to operate fairly soon.

Can anyone tell me where to find an operators manual and wiring diagram?

This is a nice rugged commercial mower and I'm looking forward to getting it operational.

Thanks for any help..

Roger B

P.S. Sorry, but I don't know how to rotate photos once they are downloaded to the thread. I had them correct in my photo folder, but they reverted to sideways shots when I downloaded them..
Attached Images


Need Help with a John Deere GS-25

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire