mercredi 31 mai 2017

Cub cadet LTX1046VT not charging

I have a Briggs 23 hp on a Cub Cadet that isn't charging. I tested the battery and it was at 11.5 volts. I turned the engine on and tested it, still 11.5 volts at the battery. Next I disconnected the yellow wire at the voltage regulator(only one yellow wire) and tested the stator and it was putting out about 40 volts AC so I hooked it back up.

I tested the red wire that connects to the voltage regulator with the ignition on and got nothing from the battery, was expecting at least battery voltage.
I tested for continuity with the red wire to the first connector disconnected and have continuity.
I also get 12+ volts on the red wire on the connector side when it is disconnected at the connector, why now and not when it is connected?
I then disconnected the red wire at the regulator and tested the voltage coming out of the regulator and it was about 8 volts.
I replaced the regulator with an aftermarket one thinking it wasn't putting enough out. Retested everything and got almost the identical results with the new regulator. Still only putting out about 8 volts. Coincidence? What am I testing wrong? Thanks for any information. Model 446777
type 0763 B1
code 100504 G
Attached Images


Cub cadet LTX1046VT not charging

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire