lundi 29 mai 2017

14 hp Briggs: Surging - - I've tried almost everything..... Please help.....

I got this John Deere Mower off C.L. and I cannot for the life of me get it running properly. When I got it running, it went to incredibly high RPM's. Now, It surges at all rpms, tries to backfire and surge when I hold the governor arm to slow it down, revs at incredibly high RPM's if I allow it... It seems I have to fill the gas tank to keep fuel in the carb bowl. Carb solenoid is working and float is not stuck.

It is not the orig. 17hp engine it came with but everything I am doing has to do with this engine model number and not the deere.

John Deere: L110 Briggs and stratton 14 hp: 287707-1259-E1 code: 001025ZE

O.k., I've changed carbs 3 times (inc. cleaning old one), I've set the valves, changed the fuel, replaced the spark plug, changed the head gasket, push rods not bent, changed the fuel filter, There are no vacuum leaks, plastic intake is not damaged in any way, compression seems good, set the governor appropriately, timing key is in place, set magneto gap, Bent tang on governor spring in and out. . . I've put 10-15 hours on this engine and cannot find the trouble.

Thank you

Scott - - Colbert WA


14 hp Briggs: Surging - - I've tried almost everything..... Please help.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire